Sustainable solutions in harmony with the economy, ecology and society
Responsibility is the driving force and thus the backbone of sustainability. Accordingly, responsibility for sustainability is also the value basis and the compass for Blue Competence – the sustainability initiative of the mechanical engineering industry.
Sustainability is here understood to balance and integrate economic, ecological and social aims. It is thus about responsibility in a wider sense, for instance for wealth, education and security, nature and the economic consequences of globalisation, structural changes or demographic trends. With the initiative Blue Competence we want to emphasize the solution competence of the mechanical engineering industry and to actively promote and offer solutions for sustainable technologies.
When sustainability is mentioned, this very term often conjures up basic expectations, requirements and hopes – for example in relation to new energy concepts, how to handle scarce resources or protect the environment in an effective way. But who takes responsibility for promoting sustainability in its many facets? And who has the potential to develop and offer practical solutions which are ready for the market?
Mechanical and plant engineering companies not only feel an obligation to do this, but they are also the driving force and engine behind pioneering technologies which in fact enable many sustainable ideas to actually get off the ground. However, sustainable production processes and products are not always obvious at first glance.
This is why Blue Competence has defined credible and resilient sustainable criteria and standards which must be met by all those who join the initiative, amongst others:
- The partner has defined goals for his products and staff which include sustainable acting.
- The partner offers services which include professional guidance for energy efficiency and preservation of resources.
- The partner agrees to declare the sustainable activities of his company/products with at least one case for quantification.
- The partner has implemented a management system.
- The subject sustainability is attached to a person in the management of the company.
Therefore, Blue Competence ensures greater transparency, makes it easier for people to know what they are dealing with and provides certainty – for all those who are looking for sustainable solutions and products or companies that act in a sustainable way.
How to become a partner
If you are interested in becoming a partner of the initiative Blue Competence, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note: Only companies of the mechanical and plant engineering industry and institutions, e.g. research institutions can become partner.
Blue Competence Code
Responsibility for society and environment has always been the main idea of the corporate policy of the German mechanical engineering industry. With the implementation of this code, the member companies of the initiative Blue Competence pursue the aim of high social and ethics standards and see this as requirement for sustainable and entrepreneurial success.
- The mechanical engineering industry ensures by sustainable engineering that the responsibility for a world worth living in can be transposed. Ecological, social and economic aims are the focus of our acting.
- Social responsibility means to us – on the base of human rights and under the compliance with laws and standards – to improve the quality of life. Especially, the responsibility for our employees concerning the conditions of employment, the promotion of education and a lifelong advancement as well as employment creation, thus raising chances of occupation of people.
- Blue Competence delivers an important contribution for the amelioration of the world wide climate, e.g. by an efficient use of recyclable or not recyclable resources, avoiding waste and considering the recyclability of products and product technologies.
- We are aware of the fact, that sustainable acting increases the economic success. Products and services are not optimized on short-term; instead the life cycle is concepted along the whole value added chain. This concept provides macroeconomic solutions.
- We stand to our social responsibility and focus on reliable action on voluntary base, with the pretense to achieve a better quality of life for humans and the environment.